General Questions

How do you maintain the confidentiality of families helped through Care in Action?  

Care in Action email and Adopt a Social Worker partners typically don’t receive names or other identifying information about the families—just an explanation of the situation and the need. The only exception would be the rare case when a family consents to providing identification to Care in Action partners. If any concerns about confidentiality arise, the county case managers and the Care in Action board can assist.

What types of requests will social workers make of Care in Action partners?

Child protection case managers will only request resources from partners when all other options have been exhausted. Typically, needs include food, gas, clothing, housewares, housing expenses and transportation for medical care. Other types of requests are likely to occur as well. Often needs are met with money or gift cards, but sometimes Care in Action partners provide needed items like furniture.

How do I become more involved with Care in Action?  

There are many ways you can become more involved with Care in Action as an individual. Options include becoming an email partner, donating funds to Care in Action directly, donating household goods, clothing, etc. for families in need, or speaking to your church or other organization about becoming a partner if the church is not yet involved. Small groups or study groups may also become partners.

I have other questions, how do I contact you?

For questions or to request additional information about Care in Action, please contact us by email at info@careinactionmn.org or by phone at 651-747-6370.

Email Partners

I want to help meet a need—what’s the process?

You can donate through PayPal or mail donations to Care in Action Minnesota, P.O. Box 28838, Oakdale, MN, 55128.

Adopt a Social Worker

How much money are partnering organizations expected to contribute? 

Partners can decide how much their organization is willing to contribute to fulfill each specific need. Partners aren’t required to fulfill every request, just to pass on every request to their members and communicate with the child protection case manager if a need can’t be met. Historically, partner organizations have typically gotten two or fewer requests per month.

What is the process for meeting a request?           

A child protection case manager will typically call or email the representative from the partner organization about the need. The partner organization is then asked to share the need with its members and ask if they’re willing to help meet it. The partner can then mail the funds to the case manager or arrange to deliver items.

How fast do partner organizations need to respond to a request?

Once the initial request has been made to the partner, the partner should mail or deliver the resources requested within seven days. If the resources cannot be mailed or delivered, or if more time is needed, the partner should contact the child protection case manager to make other arrangements.

How will the partner know the benefits that the resources produced?     

The partner may request a monthly update from the child protection case manager on utilization and benefits of resources received.

Is the partner able to give emotional or spiritual support to the child protection case manager?    

If the child protection case manager requests or agrees to have emotional or spiritual support from the partner, it may be given. Examples of supportive measures include prayer, encouragement, sharing resources or recognition.

Do partners need to give for all categories of resources requested?      

The partner should make arrangements with the child protection case manager if any category of resources will not be given. Partners typically do not give, and have not been asked to give, resources that may impact sexuality, tobacco or street drugs. Partners always reserve the option to refuse funding specific resources at their discretion.

I attend church in Hennepin County. Is my church able to participate as a partner?           

Currently Care in Action has built partnerships with Ramsey, Washington and Dakota counties. Any organization is able to become a partner, but only families served by these three counties receive resources at this time. To the best of our ability, Care in Action will work to expand the communities in which partnerships are available.

How will Care in Action support both partners and child protection case managers?        

Care in Action will be available to both partners and child protection case managers by phone, email or in person to provide support in all facets. Care in Action will also host quarterly to semi-annual meetings in which partners and case managers have the option of coming to share experiences with other Care in Action partners.